join us at Captivate Church.
We are excited to be growing our church in 2019! We are praying for gospel minded workers to join us in serving God by maturing his people and ministering to the community around us.
a little bit about us
We are a Presbyterian church in North Ryde. Our members are an active part of the wider community with many of us living, working and attending schools in the Epping, Eastwood, Ryde, Macquarie Park area. We are a group of ~100 people with families and kids, youth and young adults. In God’s grace we have experienced exciting growth since relocating to North Ryde.
As a church, we recognise that the top priority is to find a place where you can be stretched and trained for a life time of service. We are committed to being a place where real training happens in real ministry contexts. We are praying for a partnership that not only benefits you and the church but will in time bear greater fruit in building the kingdom of God.
What to expect:
- A focus on teaching the bible in various contexts.
- Developing a wide range of ministry skills theologically and practically.
- Monthly meet up with the pastor for personal mentoring.
- A defined and tailored ministry that is recognises your capacity, gifts and growth areas.
- An environment to try new things and make lots of mistakes.
The student minister will be involved in the bread and butter of our ministry, like the service and growth groups. We are also looking for someone who would be a good fit to work alongside us in any one of the following areas.
A key area we are hoping to work on is connecting and integrating new comers. We regularly have new comers which we would love to do a better job with in helping them understand what it means to be a part of God’s church.
Women are a integral and crucial part of everything we do at our church. We want to disciple and mobilise all our women; students, young workers, mums, to serve their Lord in church and in every area of life.
family + kids
We have a budding family and kids ministry that is ripe for growth. This would be an area that would require not only thoughtfulness in how to bring the scriptures to bear in a newand growing group of the church but also in how to plan and develop the ministry in the years to come.
- The student minister will be supported with $8,000 p.a.
- The student minister is expected to commit one day a week (8 hours) to the ministry work at Captivate Church.
- The student minister can have 4 Sundays off in a year.
- We prefer if the student can commit to two years at Captivate Church.
If you are keen to find out more, I would love to hear from you and discuss further. Contact me at email@example.com or give me a call on 0466 433 744.